SEBORUCO (Criollo blood) - 100% Venezuelan Finest Cocoa Beans - whole, unpeeled, raw.
Taxonomic Classification: Theobroma cacao
VENEZUELAN FINE COCOA
Delicacies Valley is the direct importer and sole distribution source in Canada for these rare cacaos from Venezuela. We are proud to represent in Canada the most recognized farms of Venezuela whose rich soils produce one of the best cocoa in the world; thanks to its conditions of height, humidity, and soils; the cacao lands of Venezuela are a real paradise full of fine aroma cacao trees.
Seboruco Beans Sensory Profile :
This is a bean with an interesting acidity and strong taste of cacao. This cacao offers bitterness and woody flavours. Still, the fruits, nuts, and malta, characterizes this cacao.
In this bean, you can easily perceive cacao notes, nuts, and red fruits.
Fermented, whole, unpeeled, raw.
Perfect for bean-to-bar chocolate makers.
To be roasted before eating. Do not eat raw.
Shelf life: 24 months.
- Plastic bag 1 kg (2.2 lb)
- Burlap bag 5 kg (11 lb)
- Case 20 kg - GrainPro bag (44 lb)
- Burlap Sack 60kg (132 lb)
It has been scientifically proven that the first cacao plants on planet Earth were born in two areas of Venezuelan territory. One, located in the south of “Lake of Maracaibo”, a region that covers parts of the states Zulia, Mérida and Trujillo, forests of cacao trees so-called "Cacaos Criollos", known for the opalescent quality and whiteness of its almonds, its fruity flavour and the sensuality of its aromas, capable of giving incomparable chocolate, with delicate and persistent flavour. The other zone of Venezuela where the cocoa trees were grown is a region that covers “Paria”, “Delta del Orinoco” and “Amazonas”, there were born the trees of “Forastero” species, appreciated for their strength, resistance, and productivity, rather than for their aromas or flavours.
The “Trinitarios” cacaos, descendants of the Criollo and Forastero or Amazónico were born in the zones of the Delta of Venezuela, from where were brought to the island of Trinidad.
For this reason, Venezuela is called the Homeland of Cocoa.
Properties and Qualities: It is no accident that the main product of cacao, the chocolate, has been called the drink of the gods and was reserved for the elites of society, religious hierarchs, kings, and emperors. In addition to the aroma, tannins, and flavours, cocoa is rich in natural antioxidants. In cocoa beans, we also find alkaloids such as theobromine and caffeine, which are dilating vessels, cardiovascular stimulants, the central nervous system, and appetite. Cocoa also has natural serotonin that works in the brain as a neurotransmitter and infallible ingredient against depression and phenyl-ethyl-amine, known as the molecule of love.
- The warehouse should have cement or non-flammable floors without cracks and crevices for insects to hide in;
- Ideally, the floor level should be higher than the surrounding land to prevent flooding and to allow water to flow away;
- Walls should be of non-flammable material without cracks and crevices;
- Adequate ventilation is necessary to prevent an increase in mould;
- The roof should be insulated but should not be made of wood;
- Bags may be bulk-stowed but ideally, the bottom layer should be on pallets allowing an air space of 5-10cm and the top layer should be at least 1m away from the roof. The stacks should also be positioned away from outside walls;
- Fumigation and other forms of insect control can be carried out to ensure that the products are pest-free;
- The cocoa should be regularly inspected;
- No other products should be stored with the cocoa to prevent contamination;
- Access to the storage areas can be controlled.
Further wholesale discounts based on market prices are available for orders of 60 kg or more. Please, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an estimate. We will very happy to assist you :)
We Also Recommend
SUR DEL LAGO - 100% Venezuelan Finest Cocoa Beans - whole, unpeeled, raw.